i love summer songs!

I really really like Katy Perry's California Gurls right now. I am also sure that I will get tired of it in two weeks when it becomes overplayed on the radio. But the song is so catchy that I think I would like hearing this song every summer in the future, just like Lil Rob's Summer Nights. Actually this song is like the female compliment of Summer Nights. Songs like this make you just wanna kick it with the crew. And they capture the essence of summer perfectly.





The Lil Rob video is super ghetto, I think he could done a better job. But I guess he was going for the ghetto-ness. As for the girl in the Katy Perry clip, DAYMN GIRL.

Of course the other category of songs that never die are Christmas songs, if you can make a really good Christmas song, it will be immortalized. Think Wham's "Last Christmas" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". Those songs will still be playing on 103.5 twenty years from now. Even if Wham and Mariah Carey were one hit wonders, the royalties from Christmas music is enough for retirement. I can't say the same for Lil Rob's one hit wonder...

1 comment:

J.Frosty said...

that girl is yum