A good turn daily

The dark side of my mind
(Things you might not know)

Friday: Went to Target after playing Volleyball at the YMCA. On my way in, I see a girl's wallet on the ground. So I pick it up and walk inside the store with it. In the span of 10 to 20 feet from the door to just inside the store the thoughts of returning it or cleaning it out were tearing through my mind. I really had to fight my urge to take the cash and dump the wallet. I opened up the wallet and the first thing i saw was cash, a couple ones and a twenty. The urge got stronger and I was just being torn apart by this decision. I really didn't know what to do and I felt really guilty standing there with the wallet so i took it back to my car.

Is that normal? People say they always think about it, but do they really have to fight the urge to do it? This isn't the first time I've come across a lost wallet and this decision. I can't believe how hard it is for me to do what is right, especially when it was only a couple bucks... Are my morals only worth that much?

Long story short,

I only took the $20 and gave the wallet to the local sheriff's station. JUST KIDDING, I made the decision to not clean out the wallet. So instead, to kind of make up for even thinking about cleaning out the wallet, I looked for the ID, found the address on my gps, and went to return the wallet. When I got to the residence and knocked on the door the attitude i received quickly went from suspicious to welcoming. I didn't tell them about how close i was to taking what i could and dumping the wallet cause they were so happy that i didn't want to make things weird or awkward. I'm so thankful that i did the right thing.

And just like the first time i did the right thing,
The mother of the daughter who lost the wallet
went into the wallet and gave me the $20
-J.Frosty

3 comments:

Willy Bob said...

Aw Jon-! I'm proud of you :D

vinster said...

nice move! Keep it up!

Mac OBryan said...

i am proud of you

my analogy: some people were born for war. they rush at the enemy with no fear. but thats not courage, that's just crazy. courage is the soldier that is scared to die but moves forward anyway, for God and for brotherhood.

you the man!