Walnut Fiasco!

"Honey Walnut Shrimp is fresh tempura shrimp wok-tossed in a gourmet honey sauce and topped with glazed walnuts. It’s a mouthwatering combination of sweet and crispy, and a delicious new reason to visit Panda Express today."

Honey Walnut Shrimp: Serving Size - 3.7 oz: Calories - 370
(that's about 8 pieces of shrimp. I think it's reasonable for every now and then)

Being that I am a huge fan of Walnut (also referred to as Honey) Shrimp I just had to try out this new item at Panda Express. It also helped that I had a coupon =] Thanks Lisa. It was pretty good, not the best I've ever had but, definitely a worthy opponent. What made it really good was that it had that nice crispy panda style honey shell.

Pro:
-Convenient

Con:
-8 pieces for about $3.30 is just a bit expensive for me (that's 15 nuggets from Wendy's!).

What keeps it from winning the gold is that they really held back on the walnuts =[.
Unlike my nig Sam Woo who knows what's up. Bottom line: This is only a temporary fix for all you Walnut Shrimp addicts, it'll hold your taste buds over for now, but you wont be truly satisfied until you go to a restaurant. You get more bang for your buck going to a restaurant like Sam Woo. (HUGE ASS Plate of shrimp with lots of Walnuts and a free pot of rice for about 13 bucks? that's a meal for 2-3 and if you go by yourself... box it to go and have yourself a treat later while you cry about why you went to a restaurant by yourself =P.) So this new dish gets a 3.75/5.



Stay Frosty.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love my walnut shrimp and this is pretty good for being "fast food". They may not be jumbo prawns like Sam Woo, but definitely worth it for a quick fix...especially when I'm alone. haha